Let’s pretend that I didn’t forget to post this for February, ok?
Time to chat about my favorite things from this month! Like I mentioned last time – I love to read these from others and am alllll about sharing items that make my life happier or easier :). So let’s go!
- Y’all know I love me some Tiktoks and a lot of my faves were sharing this specific powder and I wanted to try. Like everything, you see both positive and negative reviews – this item was definitely the way. Usually, I would shy away from such polarizing items, but in a quick Target trip one dance weekend when I may or may not have had too much wine and was letting the girls shop too much -I saw this powder that I had been seeing online and never in stock at home – and grabbed it before I could even think about it HA! It’s the Maybelline Lasting Fix Banana Powder! And I freaking love it. I am VERY particular about powders. My skin is dry and will crease easily, especially under my eyes. BUT I love the bright eye look on my tired mama eyes and am constantly looking for good products. This powder is a lightweight, brightening powder that goes on so flawlessly and brightens like you slept for so much more than you did. AND it stays all day (with the help of setting spray). It does have a yellow tint – but I am pretty pale (or when I have a tan it’s fine) and it works fine for me. The key is to use very little – and I use a puff to put it on. It also works well with a damp beauty blender (I like to dampen it with setting spray rather than water) – whatever your preference. I will show you how I do it with the puff on IG if y’all want. It’s only ten bucks on Amazon and will last you a long time. I mostly use it I under my eyes, but will take whatever is left on the puff and dab it on my tzone as needed. I will link the powder and puff I use below – it smells good too :).
- Another makeup item that I am SO excited about and LOVING is the Maybelline Sky High Mascara! It’s like the above per my IG and TikTok feeds – you either love it or hate it. I LOVE IT. It is so lengthening, which was what I was really looking for, but it is also SO lightweight, dries fast, and NEVER smudges. Like never. Since I don’t wear a lot of powder, mascara looks like a raccoon at the end of the day on me -not this stuff!! And it keeps the lashes curled and long. It truly is that awesome for me – and Claire. I will say that Bree has extremely thick and LONG lashes (insane – she doesn’t have to wear falsies for dance, so many people think she has extensions, and she literally has to brush them and gets bed head in them HA!) and when I used it on her for dance, I hated it. It clumped up in her thick lashes and almost dried too fast. So take that as you will. It is not easy to get off at night, but that does not bother me at all – just a good sign it lasted all day :). It a little hard to find since it is so popular – but here is an Amazon link. I originally ordered from Amazon on back order and it came to me much faster than my original estimate.
- Ok – I struggled with this one – mom jeans. I am sure y’all have seen this one popping up as the new trend. I still love my skinny jeans, but I am always up for trying a new trend. BUT this one scared me a bit. Couple reasons – mainly being, they are so high waisted that my csection belly said “um NO”. But I kept seeing all these curvy gals rocking them and had to give it a try. I decided to tread lightly and look for cheap ones in case they were a big HELL NO and I was not out much. I ordered three pairs online at walmart and I LOVE them! Was it out of my comfort zone? YES. When I see a picture of me in them do I have to get on to myself for being too nitpicky? YEP. But I got so many compliments and they were actually comfortable – who would of thought? I got size 16 in all three pairs and they fit great. With all cheap jeans – you do need to be careful drying – and they can sometimes stretch too. But for these prices – I am up for the challenge. All three pairs I got linked here – they do restock so keep watching if your size is out. I challenge y’all to give it a shot! And I will share my looks on IG as I wear them!
- I don’t know why I have never tried this new favorite item – but here we are talking about fancy detergent HA! I ordered a small thing of the Tyler Diva Laundry Detergent on Amazon – I literally had never smelled it. But I had seen so many people talking about it – and I was sold when I saw that it was an amazing air and fabric refresher! I am kinda insane when it comes to how my house smells. With three pups, and three kids – I am always sniffing around making sure it smells good around here. I saw that many boutiques use this as a way to make their clothing smell great- so had to give it a shot. AND OMG Y’ALL!!! It’s by far my new favorite for the non holiday months (summer mostly) and I am addicted. It is not a floral -it’s fresh but smells expensive. It was honestly not at all what I expected. I mix a few capfuls in a water bottle with water and spray everyday on all my furniture, pillows, rugs, curtains, bedding, etc. I do it that much and don’t get a headache – that is huge for me. It is not cheap BUT you can make it last a long time. Make sure you don’t shake it up too much as it is a detergent and will bubble quite a bit. I am linking the smaller size and water bottles – give it a shot!
- Ok for my last thing – these adorable foam sandals! I love love love me a comfy, casual sandal and these are my new faves! My girls love them too. They are SO SO comfy and so far are holding up pretty well. They are around $20 and come in many, more neutral colors. I got the tan (milk tea is the actual color online) to start with and they go with everything! They are just great easy sandals – perfect for summer days at the pool or beach too. I got my regular size. I am ordering practically every color for me and the girls. Links below!
Please let me know if you treat yourselves to any of these or if you have any questions! Happy Monday!
I totally agree on that mascara for Lauren. I like it for me but her lashes are like Bree’s… we don’t need falsies for dance either but I hated it on her too. But it works great for me. It’s either love or hate.