I am obsessed with following my favorite influencers on IG, Tik Tok etc and learning what their favorite items are. I can honestly say I am influenced DAILY. And I love trusting regular women that aren’t going to break my bank HA!
So -duh – it was an easy choice for me to start doing the same – sharing my favorite things from the previous month! I try everything – Shane would even venture to say that I do it too much HA! But alas, let me help you! I don’t want to ever over load my IG or this with links. PLUS this is easy to keep up with – one a month is totally doable :). I promise to share the bloopers of things that don’t work too :). I want to share everything I am loving – not just beauty or clothes – everything. You will see what I mean – it will be all over the place!
So here is the list of my favorite things for the shit show that was January 2021…links included to everything just in case you want to help me out and help me literally make a few bucks – appreciate it more than you know. I tried to include links where I could on both Amazon and other sites so your shopping preference is met (insert thumbs up emoji 🙂 )
- L’Oréal BB Cream – the green one! Ok I have been trying to perfect all my makeup routines. You know we not only need a full face routine – but more importantly we need that everyday look that is quick and minimal. I have tried everything I feel like and had a hard time finding a base/foundation that was not too much, felt like I was not wearing anything, but covered like a MOFO. I found it! I am loving this L’Oreal BB Cream – the green, redness reducing one!
It is such a cool concept. It is a thin green liquid that you dab on your face. Then when you rub it in, it changes to YOUR skin tone and blurs all redness and evens out your face. On any normal day – not really going anywhere but carline – this is what I wear alone. No foundation! And even better – it is skincare so it is making my skin better over time. I love it so much that I wear it under my foundation too as a primer. It’s only $8 so worth a shot. They have other versions too – not just green for redness – in case you want to try another that would be better for you. I will say that I don’t have a lot of redness and I still LOVE this one! At the end, there will be links for this to amazon and walmart. I literally add it to my Walmart delivery cart.
2. Ok this next one don’t freak out bc I am not going to leave you hanging. Trust me. For Christmas, Claire drew my name in our family Secret Santa and got me one of her most favorite things – Lululemon Align Joggers. Holy shit. They are my favorite new pants! They are soft like the amazing leggings, BUT joggers that can be worn like pants – I hope that makes sense. I know how many have stigmas with showing our booty in leggings – I myself have had one and trying to get over it (bc who the hell cares) bc sometimes your top is not quite long enough and no one wants to wear real pants HA!. Well these are the answer. They are so cute on and I wear them ALLLLLL the time. I got the black – they wash up well and don’t shrink. Now I know they are $100. I know, ridiculous. If you have ever owned Lulu – you know that for the most part, they are worth it. But I get it that it’s overpriced. Lucky for us, there is a dupe on Amazon that is supposed to be just as good! I am linking both for y’all to see. I am going to wear mine today and post on IG so you can see as well. Trust me – this trend in joggers in amazing and you will not be disappointed!
3. Ok this one takes me back to the good old 90’s when I was young carefree, had no gray hair, could roll out of bed, throw my hair up, and go! Y’all remember those claw clips we used to out our hair up with back in the day? Yep – they are BACK! My dreams have come true. They are cheap on Amazon and SO easy to make your hair look cute on the go! I keep them everywhere in my house so when I have a freaking hot flash or OVER my hair – I can have it up and cute real quick. They are in my car too. I will say that I had to order a couple different bundles on Amazon bc I am ridiculous and kept on ordering them too small -READ THE DESCRIPTION RB! But I am linking two bundles of them that are nice, big, good quality sets that you will love too! I even put B’s hair up the other day in one and she LOVED it. Treat yourself and feel young again HA!
4. Ok this next one may seem weird to you but hear me out. I am obsessed with TikTok. That was almost a favorite thing item in itself as it is that important HA!. I rolled my eyes at it for a long time as my kids became alllll about it. Then quarantine came, I got bored, and never looked back from there. Yes, it is a kids’ app that has dancing and a bunch of nonsense. Bad stuff too – if you have kids, probably should check it out so you know what the hell is going on. BUT it also has MANY MANY mamas and women like us that just want to do what I am doing – sharing all kind of goodness, life hacks, and tips that are life changing. Recipes, DIYs, makeup and hair tutorials – everything. I have learned SO much! Ok back to what this item is. I learned this from a couple makeup and skincare gurus – putting Vaseline on my face at night before bed. After I do my full skincare routine, get my water, and crawl into bed with Friends playing in the background and TikTok on my phone – I take a VERY small (like the size of my fingernail!) dollop of regular old Vaseline, rub it in my clean hands, and spread it all over my face – focusing on any problem dry areas. I rub it in for awhile so I am not a greasy mess – and then sleep with it on. This has been a game changer with the texture of my face! It has never been more hydrated, smooth, and CLEAR. Yep, no breakouts or clogged pores. I was shocked too. And I can tell a difference when I don’t do it. It’s insane. If you are totally tuning me out right now – give it a shot, but just put a tiny amount on problem areas. And see for yourself. Vaseline is cheap. You probably already have it. Try it. Trust RB. Let me know if you have more questions – I love talking skincare!
5. Another easy life hack that I know seems ridiculous – but I love. Do you drink enough water? Until I did this – I didn’t. And when I am drinking like a gallon of water a day – I feel skinny, healthier, and even prettier. Even though we hate to admit – water is a true fountain of youth that we don’t take advantage of. I have tried all the water bottles and was never consistent until now. I got myself the right kind of cup that made me drink my water. And like it. I am literally just talking about the reusable Starbucks venti cold cups. Yep. I said that. Here is why I love them: they are not huge, they are cute, they fit in cup holders, they are clear, and quick to fill. For some reason, for the first time in my life, I am drinking a gallon of water a day thanks to these cups. I ordered some cute ones from Etsy that I am linking below – but Amazon has plain ones. And Walmart has non branded cute ones too. Something about drinking out of that straw, cold water from my fridge, no ice -it goes down easy and fast. And I really love that I can easily take it in my car – fits in the cup holder! I love it. If you are having a hard time drinking your water -maybe this silly solution will work for you!
6. Ok the last one! In 2020 I discovered digital planning! I have struggled with paper planners for a few years. I hate carrying them and then I end up not updating it and wasting my money. Those bitches aren’t cheap! So I saw on, you guessed it HA!, on TikTok these precious woman selling her digital planning templates on etsy. I was SOLD! So here is how it works. I use an iPad. I got a cheap stylus off Amazon. I also got a Bluetooth keyboard. You load the GoodNotes app on your iPad (or phone or Mac). You can stop there and just use that app to create your own planner, have many custom digital notebooks, whatever your hear desires. You can take it one step further and go on etsy and purchase planning templates that are so aesthetically pleasing and make it even easier on yourself. Then start planning! It is so nice bc it is all on your own terms! If you skip a day – its ok. Nothing is dated. Your creativity is endless because you can use whatever you want from the internet etc. I LOVE IT! I highly recommend following some of these ladies on TikTok or YouTube for tutorials. They are on IG too and post in their Reels as well. We are early in 2021 – great time to try this out :). I added my stylus and keyboard to links below (using all that to blog on my iPad – so nice!) as well as the digital planner pages I got from Etsy. Oh and my case that holds my stylus too. I even got Shane doing this for work – he creates notebooks to take note on so he always has them digitally – its really awesome! Picture of one of my pages below – literally just took it as I am sitting here writing this blog!
OK! What did y’all think?! Links below! And like I said – using these links may not seem like much – but they are a huge blessing to me and my crew! Holler with any questions!!