Y’all know I am a product junkie and am loyal to the products that rock my world – but that does not mean everything I use is expensive or come from a high end store. I want to share with y’all today five products that I use religiously that you can pick up at your drugstore or throw in the basket at your next Walmart or Target run!
- Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser. Y’all I love this stuff! It is a cream that is oil based that you apply to your face with no water and it removes all of your makeup like a dream. It removes eye makeup – even my waterproof stuff – no problem. And this is so cool – you can open your eyes with it on – it does not hurt your eyes. I know it sounds insane, but trust me and try it! Once I have broken up all my eye makeup and rubbed down my face – I just use a make up wipe and wipe it all off. Then I use my step one product in my skincare regimen and so on. It is the BEST at getting off makeup and making your face feel fresh. Since it does not require water, this is AWESOME for dance competitions because my girls can easily remove all of their makeup in the dressing room! I know this one sounds crazy but you have to try it and see why we love it :).
- Ok this one might really surprise y’all. Are you ready for this? I use a shampoo and conditioner that you can find at walmart. Ok here is the deal – I have tried it ALLLLL. Y’all know how passionate I am about my big hair. I just have not see value in the expensive shampoos and conditioners – at least for me and my girls. My hair is thick, but it is fine so conditioner is tough on me. It just makes it limp and flat. SO. I can’t even believe I am sharing this because some of you might faint HA!, but I just use the Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal…2 -in- 1 shampoo and conditioner! Y’all. I know this 2 in 1 business gets a bad rap and I know that it is not for everyone. But for me and my girls, with our thick, but fine, straight hair, its perfect! It makes it super soft and clean, and very susceptible to product. Sure my hair may not be as soft as yours when it’s wet (it’s not and that freaked me out at first) but after some hair oil and other products, my hair is styled and looks better than it ever has! I buy it in bulk and keep us stocked up. Totally get it if you are dying over this, but maybe you should try it too and let me know! PS – It’s like maybe $5!
- Ok my next thing is a fairly new product but I am already obsessed and will use it until the end of time – Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer! So I love to wear bronzer, but finding the right shade can be confusing. I don’t want to look like I just got back from Jamaica on a random Tuesday, I just want color and to look healthy, you know? Plus all these high end brands are making them so over the top (and expensive) it intimidates me. I tried this one – right now I am using the lighter one, I will go darker in the summer – I am loving the natural look of it! It does smell like coconut so know that before purchasing it – I like it :).
- Next is something that can save you lots of cashola. I love L’Oreal Voluminous Primer! Ok I think the mascara market is a bit overated. I know many of you will not agree and that is fine – but like shampoo I have tried it all. And I do have an insider secret – I used to work for a major cosmetics company years ago – and I know that many of the products that you see in high end brands are almost exact to the mainstream ones. This primer is inexpensive and will make your mascara work harder. It makes your lashes look longer and it is one more way to brighten your eyes. I also use L’Oreal mascara since the Primer helps me out so much. I do use Lash Boost so my lashes are long – but this primer can help us all. I honestly don’t think we should waste our money on the expensive primers, check this one and let me know what you think!
- The last thing is fun! I LOVE LOVE LOVE NYX Butter glosses! My fave shades are Creme Brulee, Madeline, Tiramisu, and Fortune Cookie. They smell good, are great neutrals, and cheap! These are great to keep in your purse for a quick refresh! My Walmart even carries this brand now – but you can definitely find it at Target – check it out!
Ok that was not too insane, right? I love the idea of using these types of products when I can so I can justify things like Unicorn Powder 🙂 or Oribe Texurizing Spray. I have linked all of these products on Amazon for easy purchase and will add them to my beauty list! If you try any of these – let me know!