Have y’all seen this meme? Cracks me up because it is SO true! And I can really relate, because y’all know my family – we dress up to go to bed HA! Not really, but you get it. So Thanksgiving is no different, we dress festive and a little fancy. BUT, y’all know me – I don’t do uncomfortable – I have to be comfy and cozy….and in stretchy pants so I can eat HA! PLUS – with all the damn cooking, I end up smelling like a sweet potato and not in the mood to put on a dress or pants with a button :).
So here are my ideas and tips for looking fabulous on Thanksgiving without feeling miserable – everyone will be jelly of you and your cute, perfect outfit!
- Leggings leggings leggings leggings! Did I mention leggings? HA! But for real – this is what they have been training for! Leggings are the best because they can look dressed up but still feel oh so good! So first and foremost – you want to base your outfit on what you can wear with leggings :). Note: if you have super comfy jeggings or joggers- they totally work too!
- Big cozy sweaters and tunics are the best. They look chic and and put together when you really feel like you are wearing a blanket, in a good way. The good news is that there are so many options now! Another tip is to find a top that is the colors of the season: camel, burgundy, navy, taupe, chocolate brown, dusty pink, rust, and cream are all great choices! Just make sure it covers the booty and is roomy so you are not sitting uncomfortably with Aunt Tina’s random pillow covering your food belly 🙂
- Another great option, similar to above is big chunky cardigans! Wear your favorite long tee or vneck and add a cozy cardi that is Fall color(s) and you are good to go! Think cozier and oversized – you don’t want an in between – like it just looks too big or you are going to look like you showed up in a robe HA! Also make sure your shirt underneath is fitted, but not TIGHT – hope that makes sense – but again, no food bellies is the idea
- Accessories! Scarves are so great for this time of year to look chic. Big earrings are my favorite you know! Also- hats! Don’t be scared of a cute beanie, big hat, or newsboy cap- they are so much more fabulous than what you have pictured in your head. The good thing about accessories is that they can take a plain outfit and make it SO MUCH BETTER!
- Cute shoes! I love me some booties! You can find comfy ones and they will make your legs look skinny in those leggings. I also love me a good, not so athletic HA!, sneaker! We have so many options now (and great prices too!), I found a ton in my links below – you will wear these a ton!! Also make sure to have on cute socks for when you kick your shoes off and relax 🙂
Here are some outfit examples, sponsored by my girls over at Trilogy Threads Boutique! I love love love them because they are mamas doing this and that makes me happy to support :). They are FB boutique and have quick sales so follow along and pay attention – they are super cute and getting popular :). Totally makes sense as their clothes are the BEST – honestly. Also – great prices so I am a big believer. My earrings in all of these are @mrsjuliab on IG – she has the most unique and gorgeous earrings – I am addicted for sure :). Another mama doing this on the side :)…
I will link to like items to all of my bottoms, accessories, and shoes below – plus some online options for tops etc.
Ok here are sweaters and cardis I found 🙂 – tried to keep them accessible and not too pricey – but these are definitely timeless ones that you will wear forever 🙂
Ok here are some scarves, hats, and leggings…
And last but not least – shoes!
Let me know if you need help putting outfits together. One more thing- this is not rocket science or really that big of deal – but I know what a difference maker it can be when you feel comfortable in what you are wearing – it’s ok to plan ahead. It’s not ok to stress about it – these are the holidays – have fun!!!!